Almost done with the point

Users who are viewing this thread

Tmbr2

Reaction score
I originally posted questions in the irrigation section, and got a lot of help. But I've been reading more of the posts in this section and have gotten even more help. I've pounded the point down 7 feet from my basement floor and have a foot of water over the 3 foot point. To those of you who are going to state the obvious, yes I know that means I have water 3 feet below my basement floor. The pitcher pump is pumping water very well. I do have a question though. How much water should I be able to get on each stroke of the handle. It takes me about a min to fill up a 5 gallon bucket with the pitcher pump I know that isn't a constant flow at all, but is that a decent rate, or should I be getting more.

I've been developing it a little bit, the water is just a little cloudy now. I'm actually typing this while the well is settling. I'm also curious as to how much kickback I should have on the handle of the pitcher pump if any. Quick thanks to Speedbump, who has been a wealth of information to me.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You should not have any kickback. I would knock another 5 footer down and I think you will see a big difference. Three foot over the screen means to me you need to go deeper, you are just starting into the vein. The next 5 foot should make the difference.

bob...

Tmbr2

Reaction score
Now that I have the point installed, I need to get the pump. I want to get a pump with a tank attached to it so I can tie into my existing spigots piping. I will be bypassing my water softener and will have shut off valves in the piping. I was thinking of a Wayne pump with the 8 gallon tank on it. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm open to it.

Tmbr2

Reaction score
Ok, makes sense. That's why I'm in here to get advice from those who know. So what should I do instead? Just run it off of the actual jet pump or get a larger tank. If I were to run it off the actual pump, with no tank, wouldn't I need to put a switch at my spigot to turn the pump on and off? That's what I figured I would have to do, if I'm wrong I would like to know what I could do differently. Such as is there such a thing as a flow switch, that as soon as pressure is released from the spigot end, that the pump would engage? Thanks for the reply Valveman

Speedbump

Reaction score
You have to have pressure to move the water to operate the switch. This is where the Tank and Pressure Switch come in. If your going to just run one Spigot, then you need to either turn the pressure up where the Pump can't cycle; or install a Cycle Stop Valve.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks