Champion Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

fozzy12

Reaction score
I know there are issues with Champion toilets, I've read the thread on here about them. When I bought one from HD, I thought it would be great to have a toilet that didn't need to be plunged as often as my cheapie Gerber that it replaced. The first time I flushed it, the flush tower fell apart, similar to others issues posted on the forum. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a new tower free of charge. Now I notice that the fill hose which is clipped into the top of the tower and fills the bowl, is getting pulled out of position because the tower can rotate in use. When it rotates far enough, it pulls the hose almost out of the tower and the result is that the bowl doesn't fill enough. This causes a partial flush. I can turn the tower counterclockwise to put some slack in the hose to re-position it, but it eventually works it way back around and pulls the hose out of position again. Is there a cure for this?

Thanks!
Great forum.

Eric

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Contact Am. Std. they will send you their 4th generation "fix" for the Chumpian. Or, just lick you wounds and put in a toilet that doesn't need fixing... A Toto Drake! (not sold in big box stores)

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
What I've found is that the arm from the flush lever must be directly over the center of the flush tower. If it is off center a bit, you may occasionally get the 'phantom flush' - where the top of the flush tower disengages without lifting the flush tower. And this could be causing your flush tower to 'rotate'.
But like Redwood says - call AS and ask them to send you the redesigned flush valve. It really works much better than the original flush tower.

Attachments

• flushvalve.jpg
    flushvalve.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 298

fozzy12

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I tried to chat online with their helpline today, but they suggested I call instead. I have two more toilets in my house to replace and am looking at the Toto brand. I know you have to get them from a plumbing store, but I'll probably bite the bullet and go with them from everything I've read here.

Thanks!

Eric

fozzy12

Reaction score
phone conversation with tech support

I just got off the phone with them and described my two different scenarios. They told me that they did in fact release a new valve last year due to the need for low profile tanks. They said that the new valve would fix the misfire on the flush due to the dogs not grabbing the tower. My other issue which was the rotation of the outside of the tower, supposedly is fixed by moving the fill hose from the hole to the spot in between two vertical ribs on the outside of the tower. Said the hole was just a molding fill hole and wasn't meant for the clip on the fill hose. I didn't quite see how moving the hose is going to stop housing rotation. They agreed to send two new valves along with a new wrench to remove the tank nut. That'll be good because that tank nut is tough to deal with when you have to use a gigantic pair of channel locks to grab it.

Thanks!

Eric

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks