Repair or replace Swanstone tub wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

startswimming

Reaction score
Hi All,
We have a seven-year-old Swanstone tub wall that was installed as part of remodel. The bottom of the slender soap dish panel is no longer flush to the other panels (warped?) and there is mold/mildew in there. I'd hate to get rid of the whole thing but don't know if there's a way to remedy the situation. Can that panel be "reattached"? Does anyone have experience with this? I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice.
Tracy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I had to guess, there is drywall behind the panels. If so, then you won't get the thing to sit flat because the caulked seal failed, water got into the drywall, and it swelled up. If you are really lucky, you might be able to remove the panels, replace the backing with cement board, and reinstall the panels. My unprofessional opinion...hope I'm wrong.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks