(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: bladder tank

Default bladder tank

does any body have a drawing of a bladder tank hooked up tp a shallow well pump
    thanks
    george

It depends on what type pressure tank but, usually the tank goes in after the pump and you should use a tank tee for a bladder type tank and then a ball valve on the tee's outlet.

You have to plumb the outlet of the pump so you can open it to prime the pump. Usually a tee turned on end with a plug in it.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Default bladder tank

Have just finished installing 3 WELLMATE bladder tanks. Two cistrens and one storage tank. Installation instructions provided by manufacturer, Pentair. Have misplaced instruction brochere so made a drawing of same. Check valve can be flapper or spring loaded type.

Never use a flapper type check valve. I don't know why you would need 3 bladder tanks. Here is a picture of a system where I used 3 bladder tanks but, it is on a 75 HP pump that is capable of 1,900 gallons per minute. Without the Cycle Stop Valve, this system would have required about 50 bladder tanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images