Looking for an eco-friendly pressure assist toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

good toilet fan

Reaction score
I am looking for an eco friendly pressure assist toilet to replace a poor working Kohler Wellworth. I've narrowed it down to these choices:

1. Kohler Wellworth Pressure Lite (3531)

2. Vitra Evergreen toilet

3. Crane Ecomiser (38350)

4. Crane Economizer 1

5. Mansfield Quantum One (148-153)

6. Kohler Highline (3519)

Anyone have experience with these toilets?

Is the Wellworth 3531 as good as the 3505?
K-3593

Thanks

k-3519-k1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Why would you want a pressure assisted toilet when there is an Toto Eco-Drake toilet that delivers a 900 grams of solids per flush with 1.28 gallons of water?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A couple of questions for you. Why do you think you need a power assist toilet? Are you still assuming all low flow toilets perform as poorly as they did when they first came out? If so, you need to do more research on the topic. Hang around here for awhile, you might find it very interesting. Second, where did you come up with your list? None of these are quality brands anymore. If you want a quality toilet that will do the job for you, get the Toto as Redwood suggests. You don't need a power assist toilet nowadays.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler makes this one that I sell

highline-pa-ken.jpg

http://terrylove.biz/home/47-kohler-highline-classic-ada-pressure-lite-toilet-k-3493.html

Performance between pressure assisted and large valve gravity are similar in test, and in use.
If you like the idea of pressure assisted,
Gerber and Kohler are mentioned often as good pressure assist toilets.
I'm not a fan of the dual-flush pressure assist. They seem too glitchy.
You can get single flush pressure assist in 1.1 and 1.6 made by Flushmate
and a dual flush 1.1/1.6 made by WDI
I won't sell their dual flush.

Last edited:

good toilet fan

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Terry!
A family member recommended the toilets above, so I thought I'd check with you guys.
After careful consideration and looking at the MaP reports, I think I'll go with the Kohler.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Here is the Eco toilet I will be trying next.
Good luck on your Kohler pressure assist.
I will be removing a pressure assist that I'm been running a comparison with. What I like about the Toto Gwyneth, is that it has CEFIONTECT glaze, a swirling rinse, and flushes with 1.28.
I like the fact that it's a one-piece too.
I've have the Eco Drake in the other bathroom, an elongated version that flushes with 1.28 that I will move to the other room. I normally sell the elongated Eco Drake for $240
I would have liked to give the Vortens pressure assist to someone, but the cartridge has always leaked,
It doesn't make make sense to hand someone else that problem.
It always leaked from day one.
I will meeting the guy that wrote the MaP report on Wednesday.
The MaP is a start, but doesn't really tell you much about what you may be buying.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks