Hot/Cold Reversed & Metal Sliver in Delta faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

seemomgo

Reaction score
Last night our shower wouldn't shut off - the showerhead had a steady stream of water. We had a similar problem back in May, so I contacted Delta and they sent me the parts to convert our Delta single-handle 1500 series to a 1700 series. They inadvertently sent me an extra cartridge, so I took the faucet apart about 11 P.M. and put in the new cartridge. I found a small sliver of what looks like copper lodged in one of the two holes in the back of the cartridge. Could that have caused the problem, and do you think the cartridge that's only been used since May still works?

My other problem: somehow I reversed the hot/cold. Did I put the cartridge in wrong, or is it some other part?

Thanks for your help...you all helped me back in May as well or I never would have gotten the original apart!

Seemomgo

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've only taken a Delta faucet apart once and that was a long time ago, sorry can't help on that aspect...

The metal sliver could easily have caused your leak. My guess is that it damaged one or more of the o-rings in the cartridge. It is also possible that where it lodged, it could have cut a notch that gave a leak path.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks