Point vs Well

Users who are viewing this thread

OutdoorScotty

Service Technician
Reaction score
We were wondering if we should just put in another sand point, since we just purchased a new pump and charged tank this spring, and plan for a deep well when this point goes to pot in the future. (You said 10 - 12 years is long for a point, what is average?) Or should we bite the bullet and put in a well now. We dont have a washer, dryer or dishwasher, but we do have weeks with multiple families staying there at the same time. Is there an advantage to winter use? The cabin is currently not used in the winter, but we would like to.

Speedbump

Reaction score
That choice it entirelly up to you. A drilled well should be far superior to a driven well in some respects but you never know what the water quality will be.

bob...

loafer

Mechanical Engineer
Reaction score
Our house is 28 years old and is still operating on the original point. A smaller, spare point was also installed, but it has never been connected.

molliemcguire

Reaction score
I'm new here and looking around because i will be posting some questions concerning my pump. But, I rent a home in the mountains and we run off of a point. It's the original since the 70's. Our water is clear most of the time. other times, it has much iron in it. ( This is why i think the pump needs replaced) Anyhow, just thought I would put my 2 cents in. :) mm

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your pump is working, but your Point may be getting plugged, that's probably what the rusty water is all about.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks