Rushing water sound in wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Steph_2084

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get rid of or why there is a rushing water sound in my wall every time the air conditioner runs? My little one sleeps in that room and wakes up crying at night because it creeps her out!:( I don't know what to do.

Thank you
Stephanie

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this a window a/c unit? All a/c units condense water out of the air, the quantity depends on the unit and the relative humidity. Unless there is a drain in the wall, it's probably running outside, maybe down the wall. If it IS draining into the wall, you've got big problems. If the unit has not been cleaned, the drain could be plugged, and the drain pan is overflowing and not going out the drain pipe. Looks like theres some maintenance needed, or maybe a hose line or extension to the drain to direct it away from the wall outside.

If it is a central air unit, the system's drain may run down that wall, and there's probably not much you can do about it unless you move it.

Steph_2084

Reaction score
Thanks for your response and information. It's not a window unit. Is it the window unit that's a "big problem" or the central a/c. I know you're not a pro but I appreciate the input regardless.

Thank you
Stephanie

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks