Wallmount carrier 'accessories' needed

Users who are viewing this thread

aviator_edb

Reaction score
I have a new Glenwall wallmount toilet which is replacing an older wallmount toilet. I'm using the existing carrier support. The trouble is we have lost the washers and nuts to hold the toilet on! I believe we have a Wade carrier system. I 'think' it's a ade 380 but this carrier is from 1968 so I cant be 100% sure. It 'looks' almost exactly like pictures of the 380.

Anyway, is there an accessory kit that contains the nuts and washers? Where can I get one? If I cant get the accessories alone will I have to buy an new carrier just to get those items?

Also, where can I get the new gasket? I've looked online and the big box stores all looked at me like I had three heads when I asked about them...

Thanks for all help

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For the nuts and washers, hardware stores will carry generics that work.
For the Chrome cap nuts, I've never found anybody that sells them.
I would contact either Zurn or Wade and see you they can supply you.

The gasket is either a Zurn Z-120-57 or a Plumbest 71398

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
carrier

The acorn cap nuts are "generic" so any carrier distributor will have them and the gasket, usually in a bag with the rest of the nuts, metal washers, and fiber washers, (don't forget those).

aviator_edb

Reaction score
OK, In case I have to scrounge for the washers and nuts I want to be sure I have the assembly order correct.

On the mounting studs I place a 5/8" nut and washer. The top right stud has a 'funky' washer that threads onto the mounting stud. There is no nut.

Level in same plane so there is at least 1/16" clearance between wall and toilet.

Set my gasket.

With help place the bowl onto the mountings studs.

All but top right stud gets a felt washer and 5/8" nut and tighten.

FIRST QUESTION: How tight? I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to crack the porcelan?

After first three nuts are tightened add the top right fiber washer and nut and tighten 1/4 turn after finger tightening.

Next question: Am I correct that there is NOT a metal washer on the outside of the bowl.

thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks