Need help with shower valve cartridge replacement. Gerber, Harden Brass, and Matco-No

Users who are viewing this thread

farmoci

Reaction score
Hi -
I am trying to replace the shower valve cartridge for my single handle shower faucet. The plastic lip of the valve cartridge is broken . . . unless I turn my handle just right, my shower will leak! My problem in replacing the cartridge is that I don't know who the manufacturer is of my single handle shower faucet. Because I couldn't find a replacement, I actually glued the broken plastic piece back, but that only worked for about a month. Does anyone have any suggestions for tracking down replacement cartridges? The only identifying information on my faucet is "UPC" and "CSA", which I suspect is not unique to this manufacturer. Attached are some pictures . . .

May 2008 upload 001.jpg
May 2008 upload 002.jpg
May 2008 upload 003.jpg
May 2008 upload 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Have a look see here...
https://www.arpny.com/
Click on "single lever faucet cartridges"
You will find it I guarantee it!
I would have looked it up for you except my PDF reader is acting up tonight and shutting down by internet browser...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Okay I got it to work finally!
That cartridge was used by Gerber, Harden Brass, and Matco-Norca and is available at the link I posted above.

Aaronrusz

Reaction score
BUMP

I think this is the one I have too. I'm trying to replace the handle and need to either figure out how to remove the whole valve assy and replace it, extend the shaft on the cartridge to 3" to accommodate the new handle assy, or replace the cartridge with one that has a long enough shaft. Please help.

gerber-shower-trim-aaronrusz.jpg

photo.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
UPC is NOT a brand name. It is the "code" seal of approval granted by IAPMO ( International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials). UPC stand for Universal Plumbing Code. Most jurisdicitions require all plumbing materials to be approved by a recognized approval body, like UL for electric). IAPMO is a universally accepted approving agency.

And it seems this post is in the wrong thread. I can't seem to find where you started this discussion.

aaaaathatsfiveas

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Okay I got it to work finally!
That cartridge was used by Gerber, Harden Brass, and Matco-Norca and is available at the link I posted above.

This thread totally saved us today. Amazing that 5 years later this is still good information. Thanks!!

-A

joe979xx

Reaction score
I found at New York Replacement Parts - Plumbing and Heating Supplies.

NYRCORP . com - Part# GERBER Single Lever Cartridge - 95-154 CARTRIDGE

bman600

Reaction score
Have a look see here...
https://www.arpny.com/
Click on "single lever faucet cartridges"
You will find it I guarantee it!
I would have looked it up for you except my PDF reader is acting up tonight and shutting down by internet browser...

Thank you very much.
Faucet was sold by Sears, they said lifetime warranty. When I called I was directed to "Foremost" There reply was Foremost is out of the faucet business . So much for the lifetime warranty.In fact they offered no help in finding out where I could get a replacement cartridge.
Thanks to this forum I may luck out yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks