Toto drake fill valve issue

Users who are viewing this thread

chopper

Reaction score
when the toilet is flushed it hesitates for several seconds befor filling. It seems to be getting worse as far as how long it hesitates. There do not seem to be any moving parts of the fill valve that could be sticking. It is a Toto gmax part. Any ideas? Thanks. Rick

SamC

Reaction score
I had the exact same symptoms. The replacement cap Terry mentioned solved the problem. I talked to Korky's customer service. They walked me through the troubleshooting procedure, and since the toilet was less than five years old, sent me a free replacement cap.

OLDMUSIC

Reaction score
Gmax malfunction

Gmax on Drake is causing a water hammer like noise as it fills the tank. Running the cold water in the sink stops the noise. Seems like there may be dirt in the GMAX. Any instruction on how to take it apart and clean out the GMAX?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The cap just unsnaps.

If it is a jackhammer type noise it may be a loose washer on the angle stop valve coming out of the wall to the toilet.

Open up the fill valve at the wall all the way

Last edited by a moderator:

OLDMUSIC

Reaction score
Gmax malfunction

I closed the valve and then re-opened it. The noise is gone. Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks