drop in pressure with toilet flush

Users who are viewing this thread

OutdoorScotty

Service Technician
Reaction score
We have a cabin in northern WI with a sand point well about 20 deep. My question: for the last few years the water pressure is fine while taking a shower (even a long one) or doing dishes. But if the toilet is flushed , the pressure almost immediately drops to 3 - 5 pounds. This happens with every flush, even if this is the only water being used. We are now having other problems where we have come to the conclusion that we need to drive a new point. (It's about 11- 12 yrs old). So I would like to address this as long as I am working on the system.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I don't know why the Toilet would be the only thing to do this, unless your shower head is badly plugged like my Brother-in-law's Cabin in Northern Michigan (I gotta fix that thing some day) but 12 years is a long time for a Sand Point, I'm sure it's plugged nicely by now.

bob...

OutdoorScotty

Service Technician
Reaction score
The shower head is a new (last year) water saver type. You can do dishes while someone is taking a shower. The pump will eventually come on, but the toilet flush will trigger a drop in pressure in 45 seconds. We made a timeline the last time we were at the cabin.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I woudn't be wasting time timing faucets, it's the amount of water that is coming from each appliance that counts. I think you will find out that your Screen is Plugged and you need to replace it.

bob...

OutdoorScotty

Service Technician
Reaction score
That's what we were afraid of. Looking for a weekend in wisconsin?? Just kiddn. Im stocking up on Wheaties. Wasnt fun the last time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks