water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Catherine

Reaction score
My new well pump is 7 gall; my old pump was 8. I used to have amazing water pressure, now I do not. I was able to run dishwasher, etc at same time shower and notice no difference, now I have decreased pressure. Is this because of the pump or someother issue?
Catherine

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The pump replenishes the system when the pressure drops and the pressure switch turns on. The pressure switch is normally 30/50 or 40/60 meaning the pump will turn on at 30 PSI and off at 50 PSI. These are adjustable but the pressure / bladder tank must be adjusted to what ever the pressure is set at.

your new pump will replenish at 1 GPM slower than the old one and has nothing to do with pressure.

Catherine

Reaction score
Thanks, for the info. All this is new to me, and these answers to posts are a wealth of much needed information! I appreciate it!
Catherine

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks