Replacing Old HVAC heat pipe systems

Users who are viewing this thread

sapling

Reaction score
Our community has an older Heat Pipe Split systems from the 1974 era. I know GEEZ!
These systems use Gas for heating and Electric for cooling...
We are currently looking into replacing the entire HVAC setup but I have some questions about what we can do to save money and possibilities.
Is it possible to go from an electric/gas to an electric/electric heat pump system?
If so anyone know of some decent ones that are rated for 2.5 tons give or take?
So far the only place I can get price quotes from are this web site called smarterwayinc

I can get one there for a decent price but then also how much does someone usually charge to install one of these and what kind of discount do you think would be possible if there was a 450 unit bulk need?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you actually could commit to a 450 unit changeover, you can certainly negotiate a deal. I would directly contact some of the major brands like Trane, York, Carrier....have them recommend a contractor capable of performing this job. You could look in your local area, but this a job for a BIG company. You just need to find a good one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks