(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: old gas valve

  1. #1

    Default old gas valve

    HI, I am replacing a gas dryer with an electric dryer. The gas valve on the gas line doesnt look like any I've ever seen at the hardware stores. I assume it is because it is so old. It looks like a rectangular tab over a round disk that fits on top of a brass fitting. It has a hole in the middle of it. (maybe to use a screwdriver to turn it) When I turn it, it rotates 360 degrees and just keeps turning endlessly. It doesn't appear to start comming out of the brass fitting pipe. Is this a valve that you turn perpendicular to the pipe to shut off and turn parrallel to the pipe to turn on? Or is it even a valve at all?

  2. #2
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default valve

    It is hard to say from your description, but since it would not be AGA approved throw it away and install a new gas valve. It probably leaks anyway.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts