Need help today

Users who are viewing this thread

edlentz

Reaction score
We are in the midst of creating a bathroom where there wasn't one. I have had my inspections and that is finaled. I am having a problem with my American Standard Cadet 3 handle faucet. The tub fill drips. The 1/2 copper pipe that feeds it is about 16" long. My problem is that we want to get the backer board up and start tiling. Is this a known problem with AS faucets? Should I go out and get a Moen, Kohler, etc...

Thanks for any and all help.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Normally you would not have the spout itself in place. You would have a blank copper stub, or a capped threaded nipple, to stop any drips and provice something to fit the tile around. Don't try to be too cute with the fit...leave reasonable clearance around the tub nipple and the shower nipple. Spouts and escutcheons are designed to cover clearance holes.

This three handle valve....is it new? Is is pressure balanced type??

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm wondering how a cadet 3 handle valve would pass inspection... Its not pressure balanced.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Probably tub only. But the valve should not drip water, unless it is just water draining from the drop pipe and valve body. If it is that water, then it will stop after a fairly short time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks