Room Temperature Offset

Users who are viewing this thread

rtorrez

Reaction score
What does it mean to offset your thermostat? Is there a way to set the AC for a certain temperature and then for it to come back on after the temperature of the room has increased say 2 or 3 degrees higher?

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
What does it mean to offset your thermostat?

I have just done some searching, and the only info I can find on "offset" has to do with calibrating (correcting?) the display by up to +/-7 degrees.

Is there a way to set the AC for a certain temperature and then for it to come back on after the temperature of the room has increased say 2 or 3 degrees higher?

Thermostats typically have anticipators for that kind of purpose, and that function can be adjustable. I believe one of mine allows for selection between a broad range and a narrow one.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
I would call that a differential, not an offset, but most t-stats have the option to set this differential from .5 to 3 or more degrees. Most newer programmable T-stat will have these options.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks