Large or small basin for waste disposal

Users who are viewing this thread

Fubar411

Reaction score
I'm putting in a new 44" sink. It is one that has the smaller basin and the larger basin. Which one gets the waste disposal?

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Your choice. Most put the disposer in the small sink side, thinking that the small side is used for food prep and gets all the peels, etc. I solved the problem by installing a large single-bowl sink :D.

Fubar411

Reaction score
I had considered going the large single, but I got too good of a deal on a top-mount Kohler on Craigslist. Best price I could find for anything that fancy new was $325, practically new one for $80.

I guess this new trend on bottom mounted sinks worked out well for me. :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One deciding factor is often the trap arm in the wall...putting the disposal on the deeper sink means that needs to be lower...it doesn't run uphill!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks