No Washer Vent ?

Users who are viewing this thread

strikebd

Reaction score
I am planning to remodel a bath that is adjacent to my laundry room. Currently there is no vent on the washer waste. Because I am doing some plumbing in the adjacent bath, should I attempt to vent the laundry waste? I guess a better question would be, "can I?". I have attached a quick diagram that I drew up. The waste for the washer is about 9-10 feet from the main stack. The old sink drain in the bathroom ties into the horizontal running from the washer to the stack. I plan on placing a shower where the sink was and cutting out the wye in that horizontal and replacing with 2". The washer is located at an outside wall and I cannot run a vertical vent in that wall. Could I vent directly to the outside? The nearest wall where I could run a vertical vent without getting too crazy is the wall between the laundry and the bath... It is just over 5' from the fixture so it technically wouldn't be to code anyway...I am not an expert and am just planning, but would the wye connection for the shower have to be moved to the other side of the vent if I did go ahead with this? The new sink and toilet are not illustrated in the pic and would tie into the main stack where an existing wye was used previously. I could just run the shower drain to that point too...

well, hopefully I didn't confuse to many of you. I am excited for your responses.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Attachments

• laundry vent.jpg
    laundry vent.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 244
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks