Plumbing inspector problem in NJ

Users who are viewing this thread

plumbernj

In the Trades
Reaction score
So I pulled a permit for an electric water heater REPLACEMENT in a small southern NJ town... now he wants me to get an electrical permit too. Just to connect two wires. I told him no other town that I have pulled permits for ever wanted an electrical permit for a replacement electric water heater.
He told me that it is in the "rehab code" which I am not familiar with.
Anyone ever have this problem before?

Rombo

Reaction score
I am surprised you even pulled a permit to replace a tank. I have never done that or even has it crossed my mind

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
The big money grab

Here if it is electric the city wants you to get a plumbing permit (issued only to licensed master plumbers) but if it's oil or gas-fired you need to get the plumbing permit plus a $25 fire protection permit. If it needs a new electric line run to it that requires an electrical permit with a third party inspector, and is only to be installed by a city licensed master electrician. Little wonder the city's full of unletterd white vans sneaking around to do the work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks