6 zone valve replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

chris robinson

Reaction score
After years of patching my 20-year old FIMCO 6-zone valve, it's now beyond the help of JB Weld and in need of replacement. Found a good price of $52 at Home Depot for the valve, but to keep the valve at the same height at the pump I'll need to cut all 6 of the the 1 1/2" pipes and install sections of the same pipe with couplings to raise the valve to the original level, so the question is: How do I align the 6 pipes to fit within the valve with all 6 valve openings wet with PVC cement?(I'm worried that the quick drying PVC cement will set without all 6 pipes being bottomed out on the repair couplings, creating leak opportunities).

chris robinson

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the term "union fittings." I see that there are 2 types of 1 1/2" couplings available, one with no lip on the internal diameter("repair" coupling)and one with a lip half-way into the coupling. I now understand that "repair" couplings are not advisable for the high pressure at a hydro-indexing valve and that I should therefore use couplings with lips. Are these what you call "union" fittings? And if so, how do these help me with the concern I have over the simultaneous cementing of the 6 PVC pipes into the valve body?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks