Replacing toilet seat on Ultramax and round vs. elongated

Users who are viewing this thread

mdaniel

Reaction score
I have 2 questions about the TOto Ultramax. I was going to get the round bowl becos of my small bathroom but read somewhere that the round bowls don't clean as well as the elongated during flushing. Does anyone know if this is so? Also, we have a one piece Kohler San Martine where the anchor holding the toilet seat bolt is inside the ceramic toilet and there is no access to it. The seat is lose and sliding around but cannot be tightened and I have found it impossible to yank out the bolt using bruteforce as i was told by kohler customer service to do. Are the nuts holding the softseat of the Ultramax accessible from under the toilet for easy seat replacement? I couldn't tell from the specs. Thanks for any info.

CattleDog

Reaction score
I have three of the round front ultramax toilets in my house. They were all purchased without soft close seats, and I put regular seats on them. The attachment bolts are easily accessible outside of the bowl.

I can not say whether or not the bowl wash is different on the round front vs elongated, but bowl wash is the downside of the low water use/great flush capability of ultramax. Just be prepared to leave a toilet brush nearby, understand that no toilet is perfect, and be prepared to trade off great flushing for the occaisional need to swipe the bowl with a brush.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Cleaning is about the same between the round and the elongated.
If you go for the CEFIONTECT finish, which only comes in the elongated, then cleaning will be easier.
CEFIONTECT with double cyclone is even better.

I sell way more of the Toto seats, than I do of the other brands.
For some of my customers, that is their favorite part.

Installing seats on the Ultramax is easy.

toilet_seat_selector.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks