Wall Mount Toilet Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveInSTL

Reaction score
I have 2 American Standard Glenwall wall-mount toilets mounted back-to-back in two bathrooms. I also have a leak that seems to occur when they are flushed. When I removed them I saw that they were installed with wax rings, which I understand is not proper. I bought two neoprene gaskets, put them into each toilet outlet, and put the toilets back and tightened but still have a leak. Do I need to use any kind of sealer and/or epoxy? Or glue the gaskets to the carrier waste horn instead of putting into the toilet outlet? I would like to eliminate ring/gasket problems before cutting into the walls and ceiling to look at the pipes and carrier. I did see some directions at https://terrylove.com/pdf/glenwall_install.pdf but didn't understand the part about the gaskets. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks