PPfister compression shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

dleach9000

Reaction score
Shower problem:
My Pfister, compression shower w/diverter not in wall, but on the tub downspout.
My hot water leaked, the fixture was some worn, probably could have done a washer replacement, replaced the stem fixture complete. After I replaced the stem, I have no leaks, but no water coming from the downspout either. And the cold water that used to flow ok, now has no flow.

I have checked all of the parts, fitting looks just like old model. What happened?

Also cold water assembly is STUCK.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A lot of issues here/

For starters, on this type of valve, whenever you install or remove a stem, it should be in the intermediate position.=, i.e. not fully open, not fully closed. That may be why you have one stuck.

You should take everything apart again and look for debris...old chunks of washer, etc, which may be blocking a port

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks