Combining 3x3x2 wye + 1/8 turn

Users who are viewing this thread

summilux

Reaction score
My municipality puts out a book especially for weekend plumbing warriors like me. In this book, a 2" horizontal drain connecting to a 3" horizontal is always shown as a 3x3x3 wye followed by a reducer or a 3x3x3 wye followed by a 3" elbow and then reducer.

I want to connect a 2" wet drain (for shower and lav) to a 3" WC drain. The two drains meet at a 90 degree angle. Is there some reason I can't/shouldn't use a 3x3x2 Wye and a 2" 1/8 turn?

Thanks

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
In my opinion, using a bushing on a wye is sloppy - the kind of work people do who buy their material at hardware stores.

And tying into your closet line - where is the closet vent? You don't want to tie in ahead of the vent.

summilux

Reaction score
Herk,

I have posted a plan in another post today (Rough in/venting advice). The 2" wet vents the WC as far as I can tell.

Jonathan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks