Grohe Thermo Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

becarroll

Reaction score
Help?

I have a leaking Grohe shower (I do not know the Model #). It is the type with a thermo adjust center hand valve for temp setting, and a ratchet behind that for the water volume.

Problem: The escutcheon plate has two screws which is fine, but I find no visible means to pull the hand valve or ratchet off to even remove the escutcheon after removing the screws. There is no allen set screw underneath. Is it a friction fit of some kind? I have pulled on it to the extent that I don't want to harm it. No luck.

Even after I succeed in removing everything from someones superior knowledge, it seems the grohe valves or O-rings are still a major problem from the other posts I have read. No showers for a week after I break this thing open!!

Thanks to anyone who can help

Bryce

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On mine, the domed cap unscrews reveiling a screw underneath to get the rest of the handle off. If you go to their website and look at the parts list breakdown for that trim, you should see how it comes apart.

becarroll

Reaction score
Thanks. Mine does not have a screw in the dome. But I will try the web as you suggested. Thanks you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The screw is UNDER the dome, which just unscrews and comes right off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks