MAPP Gas

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have heard recently from a few people that mapp gas will not be sold much longer. I can't find any info on this and was wondering if anyone else has heard this.

Thanks,
Matt

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, according to that document, it is true. I have heard a little about the mapp pro. I guess it burns hotter than propane, but not as hot as standard mapp gas. I wonder why all this came about. I guess we will all get use to it just like everything else.

soldering_kit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Squuuuuze me! I gotta go shopping!
Thanks for the heads up!
Hmmm how many cases will get me to retirement?:eek:

I'll keep it next to the banned A/C juice in the garage... Still have 2 cars that use that stuff!

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Squuuuuze me! I gotta go shopping!
Thanks for the heads up!
Hmmm how many cases will get me to retirement?:eek:

I'll keep it next to the banned A/C juice in the garage... Still have 2 cars that use that stuff!

LOL

Sucks about the mapp. Guess I will stick with the acetylene. Like I was planing

Reaction score
Website
www.sandpiperplumbing.com
Don't panic. I'm in south Florida and we've been using propylene for a couple of years without a problem. I like it because it's hotter than propane but not as hot as Mapp. Mapp is too hot and too fast for me. I'm old school, I like acetylene, and propylene is very similar is heat temp and working time. I've been using Lenox hand torches and some others that say approved for Mapp and propane...and they've been fine for propylene.
Good stuff. Don't waste your money stocking up on Mapp, you won't miss it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks