Tapping an old well

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr G

Reaction score
I have tapped an old well (6" drilled) on my property which is about 80 feet deep. When I dropped the submersible pump into the well we hit mud and silt. We shorten the line about 5 feet and we are getting water but running one water sprinkler pulls the water down in about 25 minutes. Is there anyway to remove the mud and silt from the bottom of the well?

Thanks

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You can air lift it if you run a 1" or larger pipe to the bottom to get the air to the bottom of the well, and then have a very large air compressor, like 85+ cfu, to dump a lot of air into the well and blow the water and dirt out the top of the casing. Or, you need a bailer, a long length of 3-5" pipe with a foot valve to drop to the bottom of the well, fill with water and dirt and pull it up and dump it and go back for more. It's called purging.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks