Tiny Insects from Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Ann T

Reaction score
I have tiny bugs in and around my kitchen sink. I was told by a plumber that they are coming from the sewer and I should pour Clorox down the drain. I did. The Clorox corroded my garbage disposal and I still have the tiny, hopping, irritating and numerous insects. Can anyone help?

DrainMedic

Reaction score
I have tiny bugs in and around my kitchen sink. I was told by a plumber that they are coming from the sewer and I should pour Clorox down the drain. I did. The Clorox corroded my garbage disposal and I still have the tiny, hopping, irritating and numerous insects. Can anyone help?

Look for a company in your area that does video inspections of sewer lines. If they are sewer flies around your sink, you may need to either A- Have the line snaked out, or B, there could possibly be a break in the sewer line near the sink.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here is an information link for you:
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban/drainfly.htm

mothfly2.jpg

The good news is that other than mud on their shoes, and being a nusance they pose no hazard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks