Removing Compound

Users who are viewing this thread

Shluffer

Reaction score
A while back I attempted to skin coat a wall with compound. Failure would not describe the result. I have started to sand down the wall, but that is going to take forever and a day. Is there an easy way to remove the compound and start over? The wall behind it is plasterboard.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it was the pre-mixed stuff in a big bucket rather than a setting compound, you could try a spray bottle with just some water in it, let it sit for a bit, then see if you can scrape it off.

Shluffer

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. In the end I used my orbital sander. I was hesitant to do it, but figured I should suck it up and go for it. The wall came out very smooth. I need a couple of touch ups, but other than that I'm good. Insane amount of dust though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks