how do I get to my foot valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mick

Reaction score
I have a problem with my foot valve. At least that is what I was told to look at. I have 1.5 hp jet pump, I removed that and am looking down a 2" pipe with a flashlight. I took a tape measure and hit water at 18'. I do not see anything to grab a hold of but their is definatley something there. The guy at the store told me I should be able to grab ahold of a smaller size pipe and pull it right out well point and foot valve attached. Do you have any answers for me??

Thanks Mick

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you took an elbow off the top of the well to remove the pump, you won't have any droppipe or a footvalve. There may be a Bremer Check Valve at the bottom, but you don't want to remove that. If there were a Bremer in the well, it should still be full of water.

I assume you have a check valve in the pipe between the top of the well and the pump. Right?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks