durrock climatization

Users who are viewing this thread

hijarhead

Reaction score
Is there such a need to let my Durrock climatize before installing or applying tiles to?? I can't believe it is neccasary but a customer asked if it was so.

thank you for any help you offer.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is if it was sitting outside in a monsoon and was dripping wet.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The only thing that needs to be is any product that changes size due to temp or moisture. In the case of wood, the most common item needing it, would be moisture and would be the due to excess or the lack of moisture.

Temp changes would take little time to adjust.

DuWayne

Reaction score
My general response to that sort of thing, is to just smile and tell them that I would be happy to let that acclimate. If asked what I think of the idea, I explain that there really isn't any reason to - but if they have reason to believe it should I am more than happy to do it to their parameters.

And if placating them is going to put a serious (i.e. cost me time/money) crimp in the job, then I explain that doing so will mean additional cost to the homeowner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks