(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Valve head on Birm tank

  1. #1

    Default Valve head on Birm tank

    I am totally new at working on my well so here goes. My birm tank head is losing pressure by way of the valve head. The rod that connects to the timer and goes down into the tank is leaking air and water. My tank and head have absolutely no brand name on them so I was unable to lookup a parts list or any info. My water has a high concentration of iron so I was wondering if possibly the rod may just be gunked up and may need cleaning or maybe a gasket needs replacing. Like I said I'm new at all this so I was a little hesitant about removing the valve head until I got a little more info. Anybody have a little helpful info? Much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Moderator valveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Lubbock, Texas


    Sorry I,m lost. How about a picture?

  3. #3


    Here is a couple of pics of the front and back opened up showing the rod connected to the timer I referred too. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  4. #4
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wherever I park the motorhome.


    That is a Fleck 5600 filter control valve. You need a seals and spacers kit and a new piston.

    You can get a manual at
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  5. #5


    Thank you very much. I definately can use the manual to this also. Found the rebuild kit and ordered it in. Gotta keep mama happy.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts