(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is a unicheck??

  1. #1

    Default What is a unicheck??

    I'm replacing an old sump pump and the instructions say "When a Unicheck is installed, drill a 1/16" hole in the discharge pipe even with the top of the pump".

    What exactly is a Unicheck and when would I need one? I'm installing a check valve, but is this something different?

    Last edited by rhliberman; 05-13-2008 at 08:03 AM.

  2. #2
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wherever I park the motorhome.


    My guess is it's a funny name for a (one way-Uni) check valve. Kids! they just have to change things...
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  3. #3

    Default Thanks

    Makes sense - even to me!

  4. #4
    DIY Junior Member Seattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Seattle, WA


    This is an old thread but I just had the same question so am updating this post here with what I found out.

    The original poster in 2008 must have been installing a Zoeller pump. Zoeller uses the term unicheck for their check valves that perform as both a union and check valve. If you're using a 1-1/2" discharge, their part number 30-0164 is an example of a Zoeller unicheck valve.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts