Steel to Clay Pipe connections....

Users who are viewing this thread

sowatson

Reaction score
To all,

I need some assistance.....

I am in the process of replacing a clay sewer pipe line and there is a drain for a washer that is somehow tied into the clay pipe I think. I say this because the sewer line has dropped where it ties into the steel sewer line in the house. The washer drain is beyond this point and continued to work when we discovered the problem at the connection to the house up the line about 18 inches. The problem is that the washer drain is in about a 12" thick pour of concrete. We are trying to break the concrete up and having very little success. I was going to bring in a back hoe to dig the sewer pipe up and wanted to simply pull this concrete slab up with the machine that has the washer drain pipe in it. It would appear that the washer drain is just galvanized pipe with a trap that drains directly into the top of the clay pipe.

However, that is what it appears to be and if I am wrong and pull up the slab and the steel pipe is tied into the house plumbing then I make the job a lot more difficult whereas if the pipe is as it appears, just draining directly into the clay pipe, then I can save a lot of work. I am trying to discover whether or not there is a provision in the clay pipe of old that a simple steel drain pipe with a trap would be connected as it appears directly to the clay pipe, or would it tie back into the house plumbing.

I would appreciate any light you could shed on this subject.

Thanks.......

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks