Wall-mount Kimera on Geberit in-wall tank holder

Users who are viewing this thread

RLman

Reaction score
I am putting a Porcher Kimera toilet on a Geberit in-wall tank and holder system. The problem I am having now is that the seal on the discharge line leaks. So far I have tried the grease that came with the installation kit, vaseline, bicycle bearing grease, and silicone sealer on the seal. I am not sure the silicone sealer will not work-- I am waiting for it to dry now. I thought, though, that I might be overlooking something. The seal on the holder system that receives the discharge pipe looks questionable to me-- as though I am missing a sealing ring. The rubber seal lip is cambered towards the central hole to lead the pipe in. Behind this lip is a cavity about 1/4" wide and about 3/8" larger in outer diameter than the discharge pipe. At the other side of this cavity is a molded pipe edge with the same internal diameter as the discharge pipe from the toilet that this dischage pipe's end should rest against. It all looks a little odd to me. This one flimsy seal lip is supposed to be water tight with, I guess, some added grease. It hasn't been close to water-tight yet. I am trying filling this cavity with silicon sealer this time. There was nothing said in the directions about doing so, but I hope it will work. Anyone have ideas or experience along this line they would care to share?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks