flourescent ballast ???

Users who are viewing this thread

lmm600

Reaction score
Can a 4 lamp ballast go bad and still have 2 working lamps? Another question is when they say 2 lamp or say 3 lamp, does that mean bulbs or fixtures. The reason I ask is I have a number of lights that are 2 bulbs per fixture but 4 fixtures hooked together. One 4 lamp ballast per bank and 2 of the fixtures not working. Hope this makes sense.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The word lamp aways means a bulb. What you and I call a fixture, or sometimes even call "lamp" is in trade lingo called a luminaire.

There are many possible hookups for fluorescent lamps and luminaires, especially in commercial buildings. I would not try to comment on your problem without seeing the wiring diagram on the ballast and the wiring diagram for the luminaires.

If your ballast is made by Advance, they have such diagrams on their website.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks