water well help

Users who are viewing this thread

gsecord

Reaction score
i recently augered down to 18 ft.i hit muddy water i then sand sucked a 3 inch caseing down to 26 ft i have 6ft2inchs of water in the 3 inc case .could you tell me how much water i need and also what size point i should put down and what size pump i will need .iam going to sprinke with garden hoses only .thanks
george

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Great so far!

6ft2inchs of water isn't much in a 26 foot well however it may be enough! Next I would purchase a 1-1/4 or 1-1/2" by 3 ft steel well point and if possible drive it until the top of the well point is at east 35 ft down. This will prevent the pump from ever sucking air. If you feel that the well point is in sand at this point, connect a pitcher pump to it and see if you can pump water. If you can, connect a jet pump or gasoline pump and see if you can pump water. If you can place a bucket under the flow and measure the flow using a bucket and stop watch.

Search the internet for "driving a well" or go to http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/naturalresources/DD0951.html

I teach this method all over the world. Search the internet for my stories at "porky's hole thoughts"

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
well

You give us everything except the important number. How much water can you pump out of the well before it runs dry? You cannot use any more than that amount regardless of what size pump you use.

gsecord

Reaction score
well help

what if i sand sucked it down to 35ft would that work.and what size pump would i need to buy thanks
george

Speedbump

Reaction score
Don't put the cart before the horse. When knocking a well in like your doing, your driving the pipe blindly. So check often with the Pitcher Pump. Most people drive points in 5 foot sections so they can do just that. The only way your going to know what material your in is to drill the well the way a driller would by putting in a joint of pipe then drilling ahead and looking at the material coming up. Your looking for clean sand and/or gravel. Not dirty stuff. Once you get this well done, and have done a pump test with a rented pump or just the Pitcher pump, you can then size a pump to fit the well. Then the sprinklers will have to be installed to fit the system.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks