New Kitchen Sink - Offset Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

BobbyD

Reaction score
Installed a new undermount double kitchen sink. New drain is offset from old one and trap does not reach. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• P1010019-1.JPG
    P1010019-1.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 3,691

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
New sinks NEVER line up! You just need to go to the store, pick up a basket full of the various piece you see there, come home and start piecing it all together. Get lots of pieces....you can always take the leftovers back to HD.

This is not hard. Be patient, measure carefully, you will be fine.

Specifically, as the pipe comes out of the side wall, it needs to angle a little more towards the rear. It appears you have a rubber clamp coupling there. At the point right where it comes out of the wall, you could put in a 1/16th bend. If your wall pipe is plastic ( black or white) this could be a glue up fitting...very easy. Take it all apart, and see what you need.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

The photo you have does not show what we need to see. But a 1/16 bend and a spigot trap adapter should offset it into alignment if there is enough pipe out of the wall to cut it off.

BobbyD

Reaction score
I have attached another picture from the side. It does look like I need to cut and glue another 1/16 bend piece in as it comes out of the wall to angle it back some more. Another trip to Ace!

Attachments

• P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,141
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks