Table saw question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You're right - they build the entire saw, and claim it's the best saw out there, even not considering the safety of it. From what I've seen, I believe them. It's pretty pricey, but if you run a cabinet shop, it doesn't take too many 6-figure lawsuits to justify $3K for a top-notch saw.

Marv

Reaction score
It works, I've seen it at a trade show. They tried to sell it to saw manufacturers. I think they eventually ended up building their own with it in it. There was an article in Popular Science years ago

I'll bet they didn't demonstrate it very often. It is a big job and big bucks to replace the locking mechanism after it kicks in.

Prashster

Reaction score
I didn't think the locking mechanism needs replacement. The blade certainly does, though.

They just came out with an 'economy' contractor saw for the bargain price of $1800!!! They're also working on bandsaw and chopsaw.

A lot of tablesaw haters also like the Eurekazone system (www.eurekazone.com) . It's basically a system of rails and guides that converts your circular saw to a tablesaw/radial/panel saw replacement. By keeping the wood stationary and moving the blade (facing down) the cuts are safer.

The system works well for the space-constrained. Highly portable.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I'll bet they didn't demonstrate it very often. It is a big job and big bucks to replace the locking mechanism after it kicks in.
Not so. $69 for the new "cartridge", which is the brake assembly, and it's a 2-minute job to replace it. I'm not even sure you'd have to replace the blade, although they say you do.

peter030205

Reaction score
Hmm, $70, a new blade, and the time to replace everything is worth me keeping my fingers. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks