seal chrome vanity pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

jean-karim

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm installing a vanity with chrome pipes and wondering if I need any special welding or seal to fit the pipes together or just push them in each other and done??

Thanks lot!

jean-karim

Reaction score
well, just a vanity made of glass and using chrome pipes and you can get estensions that fit inside each other ..

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The pipes used for drains on a vanity like that have a sealing gasket and nut that compresses around the pipe to create a seal.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
they do make an extension that just press fits together. The p-trap however will be slip joint with a gasket and compression nut. Older lavs also sometimes have a solder bushing in the tee in the wall. the trap arm was actually soldered in place.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
?

just a vanity made of glass and using chrome pipes and you can get estensions that fit inside each other

The explanation is not getting much better. Which chrome pipes? Water lines or drain lines. Drain lines have extensions that fit inside one another, but water lines are not quite that simple.

jean-karim

Reaction score
I'm talking about the pipes that drain the water out from under the sink to drain out.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sink/basin drains are either chromed copper or PVC. Both work exactly the same. You do not use any sealant on them. They are what are referred to as slip joints so exact lengths are not required. They have gaskets and rings that seal the joint when tightened, and they are only slightly more than hand tightened. The drain end slips into an adapter that is in the main drain which may be PVC, ABS, galvanized steel, cast iron, or copper. The sink end slips over the tail piece coming from the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks