Woodford 25 faucet problem/question

Users who are viewing this thread

CharlieM

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Woodford wall faucet on the house that has a bose bib separate from the valve. (Similar to included link - assuming the link works). It is about 25 years old.

This year it has begun to "vibrate/hum" a lot when the water is turned on until the valve reaches full open. Anything less than absolute full open, it vibrates/hums. The vibration is enough that the valve handle will actually turn from the vibration. Obviously, this goes through the whole house when the water is running. I realize most of the time valves should be opened fully, but this behavior is new, and sometimes it vibrates even full open. It doesn't seem like air in the line.

I had a plumber pull the valve assembly, but he could find nothing amiss - seals looked good, etc.

Any suggestions ?

http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail...2&r1=DEW-DPPR000&r2=GRU-595916&r3=FEI-NL9-LED

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks