Gwyneth toilet, Ultramax II

Users who are viewing this thread

SamC

Reaction score
Toto MS60114CEFG Gwyneth​

I see that Toto has two new one-piece Gwyneth models that have the double-cyclone system at 1.28 gallons but without the Unifit of the more expensive Soiree and Guinevere. One with CEFIONTECT and one without. Looks like a good deal to me. Terry, what would be the prices?

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/10-toto-ultramax-ii.html

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
SamC,
I brought in ten of them in Cotton White. 5/27/2008
The CEFIONTECT version in Cotton White will be $474.99
This sure looks like it has a ton of features that people have been asking for.
Universal Bowl Height, 16-1/8"
Elongated
CEFIONTECT
Double Cyclone
Eco 1.28 gallon flush, so you can get your local water rebate.
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/10-toto-ultramax-ii.html

This is now called the TOTO Ultramax II.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is very disapointing

I thought you were showing pictures of Gwyneth Paltrow.
Not even close !

Attachments

• gwyneth.jpg
    gwyneth.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited by a moderator:

Loke

Reaction score
MaP data for Gwyneth toilet

A January 14, 2008, MaP test report that I found online lists the Gwyneth's rating at 500 - the same as the EcoUltramax. The report doesn't show this newer toilet as a "Watersense" one (but does show it as a HET) so I'm guessing that the approval for the designation had not been received at the time the report was printed.

Sounds to me like a good alternative to the EcoUltramax - better bowl wash, CEFIONTECT and little difference in price. My local dealer has just ordered 10, as has Terry. Am wondering whether to take a chance and go for the new model without any usage feedback available. Should I trust Toto's reputation?

A couple of things I noted on the spec sheet to which Terry gave a link - there is no extra little float on the flush assembly on the Gwyneth as in the EcoUltramax and the curving waste channel has the bottom part more exposed than on the EcoUltramax (or EcoDrake, etc.). Not sure about the significance of the latter. Anyone know?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm sure the Gwyneth will have the float that we see on the EcoDrake.
On the pdf, that's the same picture of the flushvalves they have been using for years. They just need to add a new picture.

I've been using the Eco Drake, rated much the same as the Gwyneth, seems to work well.
Adding the CEFIONTECT and the Double Cyclone rinse will be nice.
I don't expect the quality will have changed.

Loke

Reaction score
Decided to go for the Gwyneth. To my pleasant surprise, the price was lower than the EcoUltramax (though substantially more than your price, Terry!). Was told that Toto appears to be giving some sort of introductory special price. The retailer already had pre-ordered the new model so now we just wait - 8 to 10 weeks - until our city of 200 000 has enough Toto products ordered to fill a delivery truck! The retailer has been dealing with Toto for 12 years so has some track record with them.

I was advised that one shouldn't put a lot of stock in the MaP testing results for any toilets. He says that Toto designed the original testing but that it has been modified by the company (Veritec) that decided such testing would be good to do to compare toilets and that the new testing isn't particularly meaningful. He claims that Toto only has its newer models tested so as not to be conspicuously absent from the list - but that they do their own toilet performance testing.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't think much about the Veritec testing either.
I had the Toto Ultimate installed for two years, rated 325 grams by Veritec. We would have 35-40 over all the time, and up to 200 for a big party. It worked so well, that I never bothered keeping a plunger around.

I've also seen some brands that they tested higher, that were quite easy to plug.

I was wondering about the pricing on the Gwyneth too, it seems low.

Reaction score
Thanks Terry for the help with the visuals on Gwyneth

Much better than some of the other pix posted here.

Have a good weekend

SamC

Reaction score
Terry,

Will you be checking one of these out yourself, and giving us your feedback?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
It does not have the float on top of the flapper like the E-max toilets.
Not sure how they flush 1.28 it must have something to do with the Double Cyclon design.

Loke

Reaction score
Gwyneth toilets installed

Just had two Gwyneth toilets installed in my home this afternoon. Plumber had no problems. Am already appreciating the Universal bowl height. The water spot seems as big as in the old American Standard 13 liter toilets they replaced but the flushing is so quick in comparison (of course, given that only 4.8 liters of water are used!). Like the Double Cyclone - more like the old toilet in action with the swirling. So far I'm happy - and even the odd shaped seat doesn't seem so odd in actual use (as opposed to sitting on the seat, fully clothed, in the plumbing showroom!)

I have no previous experience with low-flow toilets so would be interested in feedback from others who try the Gwyneth who have used other Toto toilets. Still have 1 toilet left in the house to replace! The space there could accommodate an Eco-Drake (which is much less expensive), but perhaps the Double Cyclone rinse is worth the extra(?).

BillyBob

Reaction score
Gwyneth.... how do you like it?

Terry, earlier in this thread you said you would be trying the Gwyneth toilet and posting some feedback. That was a while ago. I'm trying to decide between that and an Ultramax - Have you had a chance to get one installed and tested yet? I'm very interested in your impressions and any comparison between the two. Thanks much.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Ultramax MS854114E and Gwyneth Ultramax II MS604114CEFG seem pretty similar at this point.
The II series comes with CEFIONTECT and the taller bowl.

You can get the 1.28 gallon flush in both.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks