Buried fernco fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich_B

Reaction score
:DThanks for the previous help on my below floor ejector pump in the basement. I ran all the supply lines, DWV piping, and electrical for the bar sink and it's working great. Both the pump and check valve operate quieter than I thought it would be. I'm now moving to the bathroom and may start cracking some concrete to put the shower drain in (toilet flange was already roughed-in). When tapping in to the toilet drain line with a Y, can fernco fittings be used on Y even though it will be buried under the concrete floor?

TMB9862

Reaction score
Inspectors here like to see cement under ferncos. You don't need a form or anything fancy, just a pile of cement.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fernco

Here, Fernco, if you are referring to the all rubber coupling with 2 hose clamps, can ONLY be used underground. But, it has to be outside the building. Indoors you use banded couplings labled for the type of pipe being used. (The inspector usually likes the label to be on top so he can read it.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks