(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Buried fernco fitting

Default Buried fernco fitting

Thanks for the previous help on my below floor ejector pump in the basement. I ran all the supply lines, DWV piping, and electrical for the bar sink and it's working great. Both the pump and check valve operate quieter than I thought it would be. I'm now moving to the bathroom and may start cracking some concrete to put the shower drain in (toilet flange was already roughed-in). When tapping in to the toilet drain line with a Y, can fernco fittings be used on Y even though it will be buried under the concrete floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    When tapping in to the toilet drain line with a Y, can fernco fittings be used on Y even though it will be buried under the concrete floor?
    Yes it can , as long as its well supported on both sides

Inspectors here like to see cement under ferncos. You don't need a form or anything fancy, just a pile of cement.

Default fernco

Here, Fernco, if you are referring to the all rubber coupling with 2 hose clamps, can ONLY be used underground. But, it has to be outside the building. Indoors you use banded couplings labled for the type of pipe being used. (The inspector usually likes the label to be on top so he can read it.)