Leaking Diverter - Can't remove

Users who are viewing this thread

ajmohler

Reaction score
When I turn on my shower, water still runs out of my bath tub faucet. Because of this, I'm trying to replace the diverter on my shower - it is it's own fixture (ie, there is a hot water handle, a cold water handle and a seperate diverter). The faucet is a Gerber faucet. I have purchased a stem removal wrench and I cannot budge the item. I'm turning the stem counter clockwise but I cannot seem to get the thing out of the wall. I've already purchased a replacement stem but I can't use it because I can't get the old diverter out of the wall. Any ideas?

ajmohler

Reaction score
Diverter

Good advise. I was able to use a large cresent wrench to get more leverage and did remove it.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Stem Removal

Stems are best removed with the correct plumbing socket and a large crescent wrench for leverage. Really stuck ones may require a cheater bar and possibly PB blaster if there's evidence of corrosion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks