Wolverine Brass Bonnet

Users who are viewing this thread

kim s

Reaction score
I have a cracked bonnet nut on a Wolverine Brass two handled shower faucet, looked for a model and all I could find was a 44 stamped on the bonnet, along with WV which I assume is wolverine brass. The crack runs the perimenter of the bonnet just past the threaded nut part and causes the handle to slip. I don't know how old the unit is since we've only had the house about 5 years, but the stem is made of a grey plastic so I assume it's not ancient. I cannot seem to find a replacement bonnet anywhere. The bonnet probably can't be welded, but I was wondering about epoxy. Do we have to give up and replace the whole assembly? I've heard WB won't sell parts if you're not a licensed plumber. This assembly is in a funky concrete shower in our basement and I don't want to throw any more money into it than I have to.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would do to their website and click product repair... see if you find your valve there. http://www.wolverinebrass.com/

I would also call or, e-mail them a request for parts...
If they don't send the parts tell them that you are tearing it out and installing a Moen... Also tell them that it would be a cold day in hell before you ever let a plumber install their products in your house again! Tell them that you are going to tell your friends to do the same... Post back and let us know how they do!

Last time I said something online about this company I went 15 Rounds with one of their reps on parts availability. We agreed to disagree.:mad:

kim s

Reaction score
Wolverine Conspiracy

I found the WB bonnet, officially called a nickel cap nut stem hat, on the website of a company called best plumbing supply. They advertiise right on their site that they work with "maintenance mechanics, property managers and owners, carpenters and painters, etc. etc" I called them and was told they only sell to schools and hospitals and the like. I said that's not what they say on their website. The woman said "I know but it should". She wasn't even polite. So they're liars and they're rude! I'm going to try WB themselves, and I'm going to see if I can buy it through a plumber we paid to do a several hundred dollar job at a different property, and if I still can't get the part I'm just going to rip the thing out and call it a day! What a racket!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks