Froze my psi tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Loghead

Reaction score
I can get clean clear water from the outside hydrant but am getting yellow orange colored water inside the house. Has slight metalic taste.
is it possiable to wreck the pressure tank from freezing it? Have tried running water for 45 min to flush out. no change.

any thoughts ???

Loghead

Reaction score
Thanks!

Gary you were exactly correct. Thank you! :)
when the psi guage got down to the 5psi range the water coming out turned a very dark orange and when i flipped the pump on for 5sec then off for about 10 it took about (3) 5 gal pails and it started to run clear.
I pulled the screens out of the faucets and let them run and now I can fill a glass and it looks crystal.
YOU THE MAN.:D:D:D

Loghead

Reaction score
I will take that advise and get it tested.
while we are on the subject can a power flush tolit be back flushed in the same manner?

Loghead

Reaction score
not quite cured

After doing the back flush on the psi tank over and over and over(3 months) I started to read more threads here about psi tanks due to pump was starting to run more often than normal and put a psi guage and water squirted out not air so I just replaced the tank. must have torn bladder when froze.:confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks