wierd hot water situation

Users who are viewing this thread

John in T.O.

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my hot water, although the tank seems to be O.K.
Temperature varies between hot and luke warm. Today as I was running the hot water in the bathroom tap, I noticed that it was luke warn until I flushed the toilet, then it became hot as the water pressure dropped. Is it possible that cold water is making its way into the hot water lines? Could a faulty shower valve cause this to happen?

Thanks in advance,

John

Mickey

Reaction score
It sounds like your hot and cold water lines may be cross-connected. Cold water is leaking into the hot water lines. It could be a lot of things, it was a washing machine for me.

Think back to when the problem first started. Did you work on the plumbing or install a new appliance?

If the pipes are accessible, turn everything on and look for a hot water line that feels cold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks