kohler k-438-k versus k-300-k -- diverter?

Users who are viewing this thread

RemodelBob

Reaction score
I made a mistake and bought and installed a k-438-k tub valve instead of a k-300-k. the k-438-k works fine, it just costs a lot more and has a diverter that I am not using.

My question is should I cap off the diverter? It doesn't leak and the instructions show it has a check valve installed.

The reason I ask is the wallboard is up over it and I would have to take it down.

Also, does anyone know how the diverter works? I can't seem to figure it out from Kohler's poor instructions.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1054252_2.pdf

Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for posting back on that. I did look at the Kohler specs and instructions, and it was not clear from that where the "diverted" output was. But apparently it did have an outlet, because you have capped it.

Most likely you will never have any problems. You just have a lever or button not used....so your guests can say "I pulled up that lever but nothing happened!"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks